Enchanting, Private Horse Country Estate Offered as Exclusive Venue
Tucked into the rolling hills of the historic horse country of Harford County, Maryland, is an enchanting private country estate, Foxfire, offering a manicured backdrop desirable for even the most discerning wedding-couple-to-be. The frolicking horses in the open pastures lend to the relaxed atmosphere but mixing beauty with hospitality seems to be a theme for owners, Alex and Sue Glasscock, founders of The Ranch and The Ranch 4.0 at Live Oak Malibu, California, offering transformative wellness, fitness and detox programs.
HERE’S THE SCOOP
Foxfire is a charming and eloquent private country estate dating back to 1932. From the first moment you pass the gates with life-size fox statues welcoming you, the lingering driveway takes you past pastures with horses and barns laced with commanding maple trees. The manicured landscaping starts to unfold as you reach the Ralph Lauren-white manor house. Your event will be quite exclusive as owners only allow 4 wedding weekends a year. Recently, the influential interior designer, Steven Gambrel, reimagined the 1932 estate, creating a crisp and romantically chic feel while still paying homage to the working horse farm it revealed in the past. If you’re an early riser you might even catch a glimpse of a foxhunt sprinting across the backgrounds of the estate.
BIG DAY DETAILS
A wedding weekend at Foxfire can take you way beyond the wedding itself. The estate grounds include 127 acres offering a horse country palette for you and your wedding planner to create the most memorable and exclusive wedding weekend where your imagination can be realized. From welcome reception, rehearsal dinner, a pasture, garden or even a property chapel ceremony, reception and even Sunday brunch you and your guests can enjoy an entire weekend together. Booking for an entire weekend (available Wednesday through Monday) can literally create synergy and a uniqueness that you and your guests will forever remember and cherish.
BIG DAY BONUS – Couples booking an entire weekend will receive:
- A complimentary stay for two at The Ranch 4.0, an immersive fitness and wellness retreat in Southern California to help you look your best before your special occasion.
- A complimentary stay at Foxfire every 5 years to renew vows or celebrate an anniversary, allowing you to reminisce your wedding weekend all over again.
NOTE TO SELF
- Foxfire can accommodate up to 21 sleeping guests and 300 wedding guests.
- Housekeeping and onsite host/concierge for the duration of your stay will be available to all weekend bookings.
- Foxfire is accessible along country roads that are surprisingly close to Baltimore, 40 minutes drive and Washington D.C. only 75 minutes.