ONE RESORT – THREE EXPERIENCES – COUNTLESS MEMORIES
By Sherra Meyers
Grand Velas Riviera Maya is where the Yucatan Jungle meets the Caribbean Sea. You can expect more than luxury accommodations and a wide range of restaurants at this all-inclusive resort. Grand Velas Riviera Maya raises the bar with a AAA Five Diamond rating for one of its eight gourmet restaurants on property. If that’s not enough, the suites average 1,100 square feet of creamy marble and sultry wood tones. A world-class spa is a reason alone to visit and return. The resort offers three unique resort experiences with family and adult-only options. All of this is located a leisurely 45-minute drive from Cancún International Airport in the state of Quintana Roo.
HERE’S THE SCOOP
The Grand Velas affords three distinctive all-inclusive luxury experiences – it’s like having three different resort communities, each with their own guest check-ins. The property is large, but each area feels quaint with its own stamp that seamlessly weaves together in a beautiful Yucatan contemporary design to create a cohesive flow.
- The Grand Class is ocean-front and the spot for romance in an adult-only setting where the 90 sumptuous suites are set with king-size beds, pillow menus, goose down comforters, and luscious sheets. The marble bath has a rain shower, Jacuzzi tub, and walk-in closet. The room details include a Nespresso coffee maker, stocked mini-bar, and daily turndown service. Nightly, we enjoyed cocktails on our private terrace while watching mesmerizing Caribbean sunsets. An infinity pool with a swim-up bar overlooking the ocean expands the adult-only scene along with three gourmet restaurants providing a more relaxed and serene surrounding. The spacious suites average 1,300 sq. ft.
- The Ambassador Experience is family-friendly and ocean-side with an oversized pool area overlooking the beach. The 195 Ambassador suites are 1,200 sq. ft. and provide connecting rooms, creating a larger space for families. All with ocean views and private terraces. The Kid’s Club and Teen’s Club are steps away from all the fun. There are also three dining options located in the Ambassador, all offering something for everyone in the family, from kids to adults.
- The Zen Grand is also family-friendly, but the lush tropical surrounds create a zen-like experience. Only minutes on a shuttle from the Ambassador and Grand Class, you are whisked away in the lush Mayan jungle where the sights and sounds of exotic birds come alive. The Zen Grand has the largest number of suites, 254, all 1,100 sq. ft! You wouldn’t know it. The tucked-away grouping of suites is connected through an intricate maze of covered walkways throughout the property. There are two gourmet restaurants, a nightclub, a Mayan chapel, a Wedding salon within the spa, and the Zen Grand pool.
BIG DAY DETAILS
Be a guest at your own wedding. With over eight venues and three unique resort experiences to choose from – your wedding can be just that – your own personal and unique experience! The professional wedding team will help you create an event specially tailored to you. Grand Velas wedding planning offers a multitude of services, allowing you a stress-free wedding where you can have every personalized detail attended to before you arrive. Special Note: If you hold your wedding at Grand Velas, you are given the chance to have a complimentary one-year anniversary visit to relive the memories.
GET THE DISH
Did I mention gourmet cuisine? There are eight total restaurants at Grand Velas, with five of those being gourmet offerings. The restaurants were thoughtfully designed to take guests on a food journey around the world from Mexico to Asia. Make it a priority to reserve a table at Cocina de Autor, where world-renowned celebrity chefs Bruno Oteiza and Mikel Alonso, hold a AAA Five Diamond Award. Kudos to Grand Velas as they are the first all-inclusive restaurant in the world to win this prestigious distinction.
OUT AND ABOUT
- The kid’s and teen’s clubs are state-of-the-art – there are enough games and fun for the entire family. The baby concierge can provide everything you need for baby – from bottles, diapers, strollers, toys, baby beds, literally whatever you need to help make the travel journey easier on you.
- Water fun is not far behind; kayaks and boogie boards are beachside for use. Daily programs are scheduled for both kids and adults, keeping those who love being busy fulfilled with fun and adventure.
WE SIMPLY ADORE
- Immersed in nature, the Zen Grand pool is breathtaking. It sits amidst the Mayan jungle and picture-perfect landscaping while the exotic birds in the background sound as if they are enjoying the surroundings just as much as you. One of the most beautiful pools I’ve ever seen.
- The lobster tacos served at the Zen Grand pool are to die for along with the shrimp and fish ceviche.
- The resident guacamole-ologist – yep! A person that specializes in various recipes of guacamole! Olé!
- Eating out each night is a treasured adventure. Every restaurant has a creative design concept, the dishware for every single course is unique, and the food is exceptional.
NOTE TO SELF
- SE Spa by Grand Velas Riviera Maya has received a Five-Star accolade, the highest rating in Forbes Travel Guide. Make appointments early.