Bacara Resort and Spa
Santa Barbara, California
By Monique Jalenak
Bacara Resort and Spa is located slightly north of Santa Barbara, nestled between the Santa Ynez Mountains and the beautiful coastline of sunny California. Easily reached by hopping off the 101 Freeway, you will feel worlds away as you take in the lovely views from any direction and the fresh ocean breezes.
With 78 acres of oceanfront property – including two miles of natural beach – this 5-star hotel offers 354 guest rooms and luxury suites in an expansive sun-drenched setting. Bacara Resort and Spa guarantees an intimate, romantic destination with the feel of a Spanish Mediterranean village. Indeed, each of the innovative, artfully designed low-storied buildings are aptly named Villas, and each offers lush landscapes and ocean views.
THE BIG DAY
- The luxurious Bacara Spa is the perfect place to start off with pampering and salon services to make you picture perfect.
- From an intimate garden setting to a sparkling seaside ceremony, Bacara offers exquisite wedding locations and the perfect place to say I Do. Venues include the Miró Lawn, Ocean Lawn, Presidential Lawn, Oval Lawn, and Rotunda Balcony.
- Ceremony packages also include white or fruitwood chiavari chairs, a sound system with two wireless lavaliere microphones, one dedicated bellman for two hours, and complimentary iced tea and lemonade for your guests.
- Catering and wedding cakes are offered by the onsite restaurants and catering staff.
WE SIMPLY ADORE
- The lush, natural and bountiful landscaping on the grounds of the resort.
- The friendly and helpful staff.
- Lovely ocean views from all over the property.
- Spacious and luxuriously comfortable rooms and furnishings.
- Three lovely zero-edge, saline pools on property to lounge by. Private cabanas and poolside casual dining are available, as well as an adult only pool at the spa.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Wine tasting adventures all through Santa Barbara County
- Strolling through the town of Santa Barbara for shopping and dining
- Hiking trails on the Bacara property
- Santa Barbara Helicopter Tours offer the perfect flight excursions for whale watching, viewing the Channel Islands National Park, and of course, flights over the Santa Ynez Wine Country.
NOTE TO SELF
- Request a top-level guest room. The tiered lay-out of the resort’s villas allow for most upper level accommodations to have an ocean view.
- While pleasantly walkable, the Resort is somewhat spread out, so there are a multitude of “chauffeured” golf carts with friendly staff to move you around as needed.
- Plan ahead and hire a driver to take you through Santa Barbara’s wine region- the safety and convience well out-weigh the cost. There are small group or private tours available that will include 3-5 wineries and a catered lunch, as well as exciting, scenic aerial tours! Contact Bacara Resort’s concierge to arrange the tour that fits your schedule best.