Captivating Dominican Republic
Casa de Campo
La Romana, Dominican Republic
By Lynne Leonard
How does one navigate a 7,000 acre Caribbean resort? Easy answer, driving a personal GPS equipped golf cart presented to guests upon arrival. Stuff the resort map in the glove box along with bottled water before exploring this sprawling tropical paradise. Famous for elite golf courses, Teeth of the Dog and Dye Fore to name a couple, Casa de Campo contains premium real estate, polo fields, an equestrian center, a shooting center, beautiful beaches, a marina, and a replica 16th century Mediterranean village.
OUT AND ABOUT
Take a day trip to enchanting Catalina Island. Sail to this private island to relax, snorkel, swim, or simply to enjoy Caribbean cocktails and lunch. For trap or skeet shooting, reserve a session or lesson at the resort’s 245 acre facility. Schedule a trail ride at Rancho Peligro Equestrian Center. Horses boarded here are suitable for all levels of experience. After a challenging day on the golf courses, relax by your villa pool. Wander the irresistible galleries and shops of Altos de Chavon to purchase original art, fine jewelry, and unique gifts.
BIG DAY DETAILS
- St Stanislaus Church in Altos de Chavon available for Catholic ceremonies
- Minitas Beach regularly reserved for ceremonies and seaside receptions
- Luxury resort villas available for small family weddings and parties
- Estates and exquisite private homes considered for sizeable events
- Cooks and housekeepers provide daily service to the villas and private homes
- Tents erected on the polo fields furnished to the bride’s specifications
- Altos De Chavon, the village, features the historic church, plazas, courtyards, fountains, an amphitheater, restaurants and bars, some sites available to brides
- Consult the marina concierge or harbor master for obtainable yacht charters
View ceremony, reception, and honeymoon packages on the resort web site
HERE’S THE SCOOP
Captivating Casa de Campo, known internationally for golf, provides friendly competent service, dine-around meal plans and countless accommodation choices. Plan your wedding or honeymoon here with confidence as Casa de Campo reigns as one of the Dominican Republic’s most established and sophisticated all-inclusive luxury resorts.