SPOTLIGHT ON SAN DIEGO
By Sherra Meyers
The La Valencia Hotel aka ‘The Pink Lady’ is perched atop the famous La Jolla Cove overlooking the Pacific Ocean, approximately 20 minutes north of downtown San Diego. Often called “The Jewel of La Jolla,” the historic La Valencia Hotel opened in 1926 and is designed with European flair. The hotel’s 112 rooms, suites and ocean villas are richly appointed and provide spectacular ocean views. La Valencia is a member of Preferred Hotels Worldwide and features an outdoor heated pool, fitness center and three popular restaurants.
WE SIMPLY ADORE
- All the hand-painted murals throughout the hotel
- The powder pink color of the hotel reminiscent of the glamorous Hollywood days
- The stunning coastal views from The Med patio dining
- ‘Bungalow style’ ocean villas
- The bougainvillea that adorns every nook and cranny
- Registered as a Historic Hotel of America
OUT AND ABOUT
- Georges at the Cove restaurant
- La Jolla Cove where locals and visitors swim, snorkel and simply retreat
- La Jolla outdoor water sports from surfing to snorkeling
- Village of La Jolla exceptional shopping from designer clothes to art galleries to fun local gifts
- Torry Pines Golf Course, recognized as one of the nation’s foremost municipal golf facilities
- La Jolla Underwater Park and Ecological Preserve
BIG DAY DETAILS
- Intimate courtyards and breathtaking La Jolla sunsets are a unique backdrop to La Valencia weddings and rehearsal dinners.
HERE’S THE SCOOP
The La Valencia Hotel is fabulously romantic due to the Mediterranean design and décor that is elegantly pronounced from floor to floor with iron-trimmed balconies, hand-painted murals and mosaics and bougainvillea dotting the windows and gardens throughout. The rooms are spacious with postcard views of the Pacific Ocean or the lively goings on of the famous Prospect Street. The Pink Lady is in good company with neighboring Museum of Contemporary Art, the La Jolla Playhouse, The La Jolla Music Society, just to name a few. Planning a wedding can be an easy process as the La Valencia catering manager will be with you every step of the way. For the sophisticated bride, the outside vendor relationships are hand picked to be worthy of creating decorative enhancements for this stunning venue, though not many are necessary. Whether you are considering a destination wedding or honeymoon, this historic ‘jewel’ cannot be denied as one of the most romantic boutique hotels in the San Diego area.
For more information on booking your big day at La Valencia, visit their website, trust us, you won’t regret it.