Ultra-Luxury Thailand Escape on the Andaman Sea
By Meghan Rabbitt
Located in Krabi and set along the scenic shores of the Andaman Sea, Phulay Bay—the world’s first Ritz-Carlton Reserve property—is perfect for couples seeking a rare, exotic, authentic experience in one of the most remote corners of the world. You’ll forget the long journey getting to Thailand the moment you walk into Phulay Bay’s teak arrival pavilion, which seems to float above a reflection pool and is lit by 2,000 candles every night. Once you’ve checked in to one of the 54 spacious villas, you’ll enjoy 24-hour butler service, your own private plunge pool, indoor and outdoor bathtubs, and a custom-made 13-foot-by-6.5-foot bed. Every bit of the décor—from the massive teak doors decorated with Lanna-style murals painted by artists from northern Thailand to the Moorish-inspired pendant lamps and bright pops of color—transports you deeper into an exotic paradise.
Get The Dish
Recommendations often include eating street food when in Thailand, but you won’t want to leave the resort for any of your meals thanks to the six bars and restaurants on property. Sip Basilito Thai Mojitos while watching the sunset at the Comtawan bar, linger over a romantic Thai meal at Sri Trang, or enjoy a candlelight seafood barbeque on the beach. The food is every bit as exquisite as the setting.
Out and About
Your Personal Explorer, who’ll help you customize your experience both on and off the property, will create an itinerary that wows you. From jungle safaris and snorkeling in coral reefs to island hopping on a Thai fishing boat, helicopter tours, and Thai culinary classes, there’s no shortage of experiences.
Big Day Details
There are a number of ways to customize your wedding celebration at Phulay Bay, whether you’d like a traditional blessing ceremony with Thai Buddhist monks at dawn, a candlelit ceremony in the Thai pavilion, or a sunset beach wedding overlooking the Andaman Sea. Packages include:
- The Reserve Wedding, where the entire resort is completely reserved for your private ceremony
- The Phulay Beach Wedding, which offers a ceremony overlooking the dramatic coastal scenery
- The Andaman Sea Wedding, where you’ll be married on the green lawn of Phulay Bay’s infinity pool, with the stunning Thai-inspired architecture of the resort as a backdrop
- The Thai Pavilion Wedding, a ceremony that takes place at sunset and includes Thai musicians playing the Kam as the scents of lotus and orchids waft in the breeze
- The Candle Light Wedding, which takes place at midnight among 2,000 candles and includes a traditional Thai wedding ceremony
We Simply Adore
- Phulay Bay’s service, which is as understated as it is meticulous. It’s easy to feel like you’re in a secluded, solitary paradise while on the property—and yet the average of six staff members for every guest makes you feel cared for on every level.
- The beautiful and imposing purple-colored walls outside the welcome pavilion, where you’ll be tempted to take enough pictures to populate your Instagram feed for months.
- The spa, where the bespoke treatments and serene facilities up the bliss level even more than you thought possible.
Here’s the Scoop
This is one of those truly outstanding resorts that’ll prompt thoughts of never leaving. From the impossibly romantic rooms to the white-sand beaches, crystal-clear water, virgin rainforests, and more, Ritz Carlton Phulay Bay is the perfect setting for a wedding or honeymoon.