Something for every Bride in South Walton
By Lindsey Wolfe
Located in Northwest Florida along the Gulf of Mexico, South Walton is comprised of 26 miles of unspoiled coastline with white sugar sand beaches. From luxurious mansions and affluent hotels to shabby, chic condos and campgrounds, South Walton boasts 16 unique neighborhoods that provide accommodation options for any type of traveler. The countless dining outlets, boutique shopping and unique outdoor adventures make South Walton a must visit destination.
Here’s the Scoop
Planning a destination wedding is all about the location and South Walton’s many, charming neighborhoods offer a multitude of venues that can make any brides dream come to life. There are over 50 public beach access points throughout the area, which makes it easy to say I do with your toes in the sand.
Big Day Details
If you prefer a traditional setting, the iconic chapel in Seaside is the perfect choice. Newer to South Walton in Inlet Beach, The Pointe, has green space that can be transcended to create any type of celebration. The rooftop at The Pointe is another option within the privacy of the resort and is idyllic for cocktails or dinner. Rosemary Beach is a premier locale to exchange vows both indoor and outdoor. For more intimacy opt for a secluded lawn space. Closest to Destin, the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort has over 2,400 acres of potential venue options including ballrooms, terraces that overlook the pool, lush gardens, and a private club.
Get the Dish
- The view of Grayton Beach is best enjoyed when dinning upstairs at Chiringo. The signature mojito and Spanish Inspired beach bowl is a delicious pairing.
- Want a gulf view and ample space for a large group? FOOW, Fish Out of Water, serves fresh seafood and craft cocktails for lunch and dinner daily. The duck fat fries with caramelized Vidalia Onions and Parmesan ketchup are a must!
- For a custom cake with coastal flair, Sweet Henrietta’s has been creating delectable desserts since 2007! Visit the new location in Seagrove for homemade treats and coffee
Out and About
- Rent a standup paddle board or kayak from RUN/SUP and experience one of the 15 rare coastal dune lakes.
- Located at the Boat House Paddle Club at Watercolor, RUN/SUP offers rentals, classes and shopping.
- Bike along the extensive sidewalks of Highway 30A or try out an electric bike. South Walton was just recently named the best city to e-bike in!
- For a relaxing afternoon where locals flock, visit the Grayton Beer Company. With weekly live music, this is a come as you are taproom where pets and children are always welcome.