The Pinnacle of Hawaiian Luxury
by Scott & Margo Heine
Nestled into the cliffs above Hanalei Bay, the St. Regis Princeville offers luxury and romance amidst modern conveniences and old-world charm. Less than an hour’s drive from the Lihue airport, this posh resort is an escape to the threshold of the Na Pali Coast. An enduring, graceful staff extends the heart of “aloha” to guests and celebrities alike.
We Simply Adore
- Spacious guestrooms have magnificent views, high-quality linens, original artwork, and elegant marble bathrooms.
- Five dining venues are presided over by award-winning chefs. Be sure to book a table at the Kauai Grill to enjoy the sunset.
- Two miles of ivory sand are just steps from the resort, often rated one of the best beaches in the Pacific. The reefs provide excellent snorkeling when the seas are calm.
- Enjoy the sunset champagne sabering demonstration—a St. Regis tradition made even more spectacular with the peak of Makana in the distance, once immortalized as the mysterious Bali Hai in the film South Pacific.
Out and About
- Consider ziplining, kayaking, or hiking with Princeville Ranch Adventures nearby. Or enjoy a round of golf at the Makai Course, which winds around lakes and woodlands at the St. Regis Princeville.
- Stand-up paddle and surf lessons are available right at the resort, or make reservations for a tour by kayak or catamaran for a unique view of the bay.
- A helicopter tour of Kauai is an absolute must. It’s the only way to see some of the magnificent canyons, waterfalls, and coastline of the island. For an extra thrill, try flying with the doors off with Jack Harter Helicopters in Lihue.
Big Day Details
The St. Regis Princeville is an ideal honeymoon destination, and they even offer a bridal registry focusing on the Hawaiian trip as a wedding gift. The staff of the St. Regis pride themselves in customizing romantic experiences, from a Couple’s Hanalei Bay Ritual at their Halele’a Spa to private outdoor dinners bathed in flickering torchlight.
Here’s the Scoop
Stepping into the St. Regis Princeville is a breathtaking experience. The massive lobby is clad in rich, dark wood, and the vistas of the Makana Terrace beyond become your first glimpse of the elegance that awaits. We were impressed by the thoughtful staff who are determined to make every guest feel like family. No wonder so many visitors return here year after year.