WEDDINGS AMONG THE ASPENS
By Sherra Meyers
Tucked away as a refined neighbor to Vail, Beaver Creek Village is impeccable for your Colorado destination wedding, wedding party getaway or even a romantic honeymoon. Are you a winter or summer adventurer? Each season is magical with its own list of activities. From skiing to hiking to white water rafting to wine festivals there is always something for everyone. There are many options for your wedding or festivities in Beaver Creek Village but the Beaver Creek Lodge, a Kessler Collection Hotel, should be placed on your radar. This boutique-style hotel offers 68 guest suites all with fireplaces and upscale amenities and kitchenettes. If your party wants to stay together the three-bedroom condominiums with full kitchens and laundry facilities are the way to go. Don’t be concerned about travel – the Eagle County Regional Airport is a short 30 minutes drive and for those that like to gradually ease into the altitude, Denver airport is only 2.25 hours drive.
WE SIMPLY ADORE
- The Kessler Collection art galleries and distinctive pieces found in each of their hotels.
- Faux fur throws on the bed
- Fireplace in room (raise the romantic meter with a glass of wine)
OUT AND ABOUT
The activities are boundless and rotate with the seasons. The most popular is skiing/boarding in the winter months. Ski passes are good for all ski resorts within Vail Valley; Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone. Summer is king to hiking, rafting, biking and so much more, while fall is known for the change of the Aspens and year round festivals celebrating food and wine and spirits.
BIG DAY DETAILS
Beaver Creek Lodge offers a collection of wedding packages with on-site wedding specialists guiding you through your customized celebration from wedding to guest rooms to honeymoon.
NOTE TO SELF
- The Eagle Regional Airport is only 30 minutes away and exceptionally convenient, but be aware of altitude. If you suffer from altitude problems I suggest flying into Denver, staying overnight then driving up into the mountains, allowing your body to acclimate. You can’t go wrong either way. The views of mountain vistas are breathtaking. Oh, and always drink plenty of water prior to arrival and during your stay.
- Beaver Creek Village is a busy place with exceptional restaurants. Reservations in advance of arrival are advised.
HERE’S THE SCOOP
Beaver Creek Village is a pearl in the oyster while Beaver Creek Lodge is a diamond in the rough. Basking in the indulgent yet relaxed charm of Beaver Creek Village is what getting away and feeling off the grid is all about and an indulgent way for you and your guests to celebrate in style.