Love on the canals. Honeymoon on the Venice of the North
The Waldorf Astoria debuted its luxury brand just a few years ago in the picture-postcard city of Amsterdam.. Having acquired six canal row houses with 17th-18th century patrician lineage along the desirable Herengracht Canal– prominent designers transformed the historical homes into 98 uniquely and luxuriously appointed guestrooms and public spaces. The result is a seamless blend of treasured architecture with modern amenities and an opulent setting for an unforgettable honeymoon.
We Simply Adore
- The welcoming doormen outfitted in tails and bowler hat
- The Location – Herengrecht, one of the most important canals has a celebrated history as the address of the rich and influential merchants and governors
- Peacock Alley – a grand tea room to see and be seen
- Daniel Marot Staircase – magnificent and imposing named after Louis IV architect
- On-site, Guerlain Spa – replete with gorgeous pool and perfect for relieving any jet lag
- The gardens – romantic, inspiring and resplendent with an abundance of the finest blooms
Note to Self
- The Herengracht is part of the canal ring and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Waldorf-Astoria offers Americans the comfort of a familiar brand with spacious, modern accommodations and bathrooms
- Biker-Beware! There are more bicycles than people. If you choose to rent a bike – it will basically say student driver for your own protection and theirs
Out and About
- Your ideal location puts you in great walking distance of charming cafés, boutiques and antique shops
- The three major art museums (Van Gogh, Stedelijk Museum, Rijksmuseum) are all open for the 1st time in years
- If a visit to Anne Frank House is on your agenda–let the concierge know ASAP and can most likely secure your tickets without a long wait.
Get The Dish (& Cocktail)
With so much to celebrate, honeymooners will delight in the many stunning venues on-site to relax and toast to their new life together. Start your day in high fashion at a white clothed table with gleaming silver and feast on a glorious bountiful breakfast buffet. Lunch and/or dine overlooking the serene gardens at the inviting and posh Goldfinch Brasserie – named after the best-seller novel written by Donna Tartt’s about the Goldfinch painting by Dutch artist, Carel Fabritius.
Have a glorious high tea at the celebrated Peacock Alley, drinks at the fashionable Vault Bar and end your evening dining at the illustrious Michelin 2 starred – Librije’s Zusje Amsterdam restaurant.
Here’s the Scoop
Amsterdam, the capital of the Netherlands, is a fascinating city with more bikes than people and more canals than Venice and truly a convivial, fashionable and easily accessible European destination. The Waldorf Astoria is equally captivating and provides all the right gorgeous amenities to ensure a most charming, festive and luxuriating honeymoon. Prost!!