Welcome to Charleston, here’s your cocktail
By Rebecca Heine
Located in the heart of historic downtown Charleston, the luxurious Charleston Place Hotel is the perfect location for a dream getaway. The award-winning hotel features inspired, cultivated dining, an array of upscale shops and boutiques, and a roof-top salt-water swimming pool attached to the elegant Spa at Charleston Place. The city itself offers no end of entertainment, fine dining, and cultural excursions, making it the perfect place for weddings, honeymoons, and even family vacations. With a full, courteous staff dedicated to anticipating your every need, the Charleston Place hotel is the epitome of Southern hospitality: stately, sophisticated, and above all welcoming.
We Simply Adore
- The location! Easy walking distance from boutique shopping, open gardens, museums, theatres—all the splendid cultural attractions that make Charleston unique.
- The dining –the Charleston Grill, the Palmetto Café, and the Thoroughbred Club, each with its own remarkable atmosphere and amazing cuisine.
- The Club lounge, exclusive to Club level guests, with superbly friendly staff, a posh and relaxing atmosphere, delicious hor d’oeuvres, and an open bar.
Note to Self
- The hotel has a parking structure, but guests must pay to use it. Given the hotel’s city location, space can be extremely limited.
- We love the hotel’s amazing restaurants! …and so does the rest of the city. Be sure to make your reservations early, especially if you want a good seat for the live jazz bands that play in the main dining room.
- Charleston Place can accommodate any request or desire you might wish! Be sure to make use of their supremely knowledgeable concierge staff to make the most of your time in the city.
Out and About
- There are plenty of theatres in downtown Charleston with a variety of shows every night – be sure to check them out! There are cutting-edge contemporary pieces, timeless classics, and family-friendly fun shows playing at any given time.
- The South Carolina Aquarium is a beautiful stop! Sea turtles, Phillip the albino alligator – it’s a refreshing and fascinating visit, fun for all ages.
- The open air markets are spectacular! Take a Saturday morning stroll through the old city to find an array of Southern spices, hand-woven baskets, and finely crafted jewelry.
- The Spa at Charleston Place; inside the hotel itself is a luxurious spa equipped with massages, facials, pedicures – everything you need to relax and unwind after a day around town. The spa even provides packages for a wedding party: a bridal brunch with the girls, or a romantic couples’ massage – they can do it all.
Big Day Details
The Charleston Place hotel is fully equipped to handle whatever you can dream for your big day. With an in-house event planner and a full, committed staff, Charleston Place can provide everything from floral arrangements to catering, with spa treatments and cocktail hours thrown in. They’re happy to work with outside companies, or you can leave everything in their capable, professional hands. They even have ordained staff members who can perform the ceremony itself—one less thing for you to worry about!
As an additional bonus, the bride and groom receive their first night at the hotel free, with another free night offered on their anniversary.
Here’s the Scoop
I’d been dreaming of a Charleston vacation for months, but I never could have dreamed up anything so wonderful as this trip! For four all-too-short days, we were pampered and indulged with the greatest of care. From the moment we stepped in to the cool marble lobby of the Charleston Place hotel, we felt entirely at home. For the first day, we never even left the hotel, spending our time exploring the boutique shops and enjoying the fine gourmet dining at the Charleston Grill, followed by cocktails and hor d’oeuvres at the exclusive Club lounge. We were even surprised by a delightful gift basked waiting in our room that night, with a bottle of wine, fresh fruit, and a lovely note welcoming us to the city. The next three days were just as delightful as the first. We started our mornings with a refreshing swim in the rooftop pool, followed by breakfast with a view of the city in the Club lounge. Afternoons we spent roaming the city – exploring the charming French Quarter, visiting the historic White Point Gardens, or browsing through downtown boutiques. Then a stop back at the hotel Club lounge for cocktails before hitting the nightlife. Fabulous gourmet dinners, an evening at the theatre, live jazz—Charleston has it all. To finish our day, we unwound in the hotel’s deeply wonderful hot tub.
From the very moment we pulled up, Charleston Place welcomed us and invited us to simply relax and enjoy the pleasure of life. With old world charm and modern sophistication, it’s the perfect place to relax, let time go by, and celebrate a lifetime of love.