DETAIL, DECADENCE, & DELIGHT AT EVERY TURN
By Madeline Scharff
When the mountains call you, book a getaway at the Grand Bohemian Hotel, Asheville. Centrally located in North Carolina’s historic Biltmore Village, the hotel is an easy drive to downtown, the Blue Ridge Parkway, River Arts District, and so much more – hello 30+ craft breweries! Part of the Kessler Collection, the Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville is reminiscent of a 17th-century Central European hunting lodge. The lobby features a stone interior, large crackling fireplace, inviting and oversized leather sofas, fine art, and exotic details from far away countries such as Bali and India. The boutique property’s rustic ambiance blends flawlessly with luxurious, modern amenities ensuring guests a memorable experience.
HERE’S THE SCOOP
Find detail, decadence, and luxury at every corner whether enjoying a leisurely breakfast at the hotel’s upscale restaurant, Red Stag Grill or picnicking on a mountain trail with a hand-packed lunch by Chef (p.s. it comes with bubbly!) Soothing treatments at Poseidon Spa provide a perfect rainy-day activity or a restful end to a day of physical activity. Stroll the charming streets of Biltmore Village – peppered with specialist shops – just steps from the hotel. Take a scenic drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway (we saw the cutest bear cubs climbing in the trees) for an afternoon hike filled with picturesque views and photo-ops. Visit Asheville’s River Arts District and browse the myriad galleries or channel your creative side with a glass-blowing class.
BIG DAY DETAILS
Weddings at the Grand Bohemian Asheville are for couples “who want to leave the familiar behind for something truly exceptional.” The events team is dedicated to curating once-in-a-lifetime celebrations. Artfulspaces offer unique settings for ceremonies and receptions. Inspired catering and special packages will further amplify your big day vision. The fourth-floor open-air terrace is a beautiful option for exchanging vows with its luxurious, draped covering and stunning chandeliers.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Biltmore Estate – Less than 10 minutes away is America’s largest, privately-owned home turned museum and winery. Visit this famous 8,000-acre property for a full day of history lessons, indoor/outdoor adventures, and wine tastings. Floral aficionados with cherish the Rose Garden, home to over 250 varieties.
- River Arts District – This must-see historic neighborhood features industrial buildings converted to working art studios and galleries. Visitors are encouraged to explore the wide range of mediums, and/or attend classes and events. North Carolina Glass Center has excellent workshops. Pop into PennyCup Coffee Co., a café that focuses on small-batch roasting and sourcing the finest, sustainable beans procuring the smoothest and tastiest cup of Joe.
- Hi-Wire Brewing – Thisquirky taproom (Big Top location )is known for its approachable and balanced lagers and ales. Foothills Local Meats food truck, stationed in the parking lot, serves the best in local, pasture-raised meats with veggie options too. Beer lovers looking to say ‘I Do’ may be interested in their event space that includes enviable “primping and pre-gaming rooms” for the bride and groom.
- Blue Ridge Parkway – There’s no better way to experience Asheville than by exploring the Parkway –“a ribbon of road that weaves through the region’s vibrant living traditions.” Hike its wonderful trails, picnic at the base, or try your hand at fishing.
- Biltmore Village – Boutiques, cafes, bookstores, and restaurants along tree-lined sidewalks. Favorite stops include Well-Bred Bakery & Café, Porter & Prince, and NestBoutique & DIY Studio.
WE SIMPLY ADORE
- Inviting nooks and corners throughout the property where you can settle in to enjoy a page-turning novel, intimate conversations, a morning cup of coffee, or a strong after dinner liquor.
- Live music is showcased every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evening in the Red Stag Lounge.
- Complimentary wine and cheese on weekend afternoons (Friday/Saturday) for guests staying in the Manor House.