Step Into a Romantic Novel in Highlands, North Carolina
Located on the southwest plateau of the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina is a romantic storybook Inn just waiting to be read, or visited for the romantic at heart. Old Edwards Inn & Spa has the design and feel of a European village. The retreat offers luxury guest rooms, suites, cottages and vacation homes, farm-to-table cuisine and a destination spa where you will want to call home, during your visit. For the golfer, Old Edwards Inn & Spa beckons you to their 18-hole golf course that boasts dramatic mountains vistas. If you can lure yourself away from the resort, you will notice you are in the middle of the quaint downtown of Highlands, where shopping, live theater, music venues and art galleries are an easy stroll. If you want more of a good thing, Old Edwards Inn & Spa also has sister properties, Half-Mile Farm and 200 Main that both offer their unique flair.
WE SIMPLY ADORE
- Spa Suites – with Molton Brown bath and body products, heated marble bathroom floors, Frette Linens and cozy robes and slippers, the Spa Suites provide elevator access into the spa.
- Cozy nooks to sit and relax throughout the Inn property
- The European style architecture – feels like a quaint cobblestone village tucked away in the mountains
OUT AND ABOUT
- Art and culture and special events are sprinkled throughout the town of Highlands waiting to be discovered and enjoyed
- Atop the Blue Ridge Mountains, the outdoors is ready and waiting for all levels of adventure from scenic drives to swimming holes and waterfalls, hikes, zip line tours and so much more
GET THE DISH
The talent in the kitchen is second-to-none at Old Edwards Inn & Spa. Farm-to-table cuisine at Madison’s is a staple among guests and locals. Gas lamps, warm creamy and deep rich browns with stone create a relaxed, romantic atmosphere for any meal of the day. The boutique Wine Garden is tucked inside the garden walls for al fresco dining. The Hummingbird lounge is a must for end-of-the-day light snack, live music and cocktails.
BIG DAY DETAILS
Consider a destination wedding at Old Edwards Inn & Spa. They employ an entire staff dedicated to creating a magical wedding weekend for you and your guests. It’s worth a weekend visit just to tour all the venue options and hear their creative ideas to help you envision the perfect wedding weekend retreat. Too many venues to list but the ambiance at each location is another chapter in your very own romance novel. Of course, the spa will welcome you and your attendants for relaxation and prep for the big day with hair, make-up, mani’s and pedi’s and even facials.
HERE’S THE SCOOP
Quite possibly in the top 10 of the most romantic places I’ve been in the southeast. Its storybook charm, inviting rooms, attention to flawless detail, over-accommodating staff, shopping, the chefs showcasing foods and flavors of North Carolina; Old Edwards Inn & Spa should be considered your next romance novel to be written and read by you.