A Fantastical, Alpine Wedding Destination
By Sherra Meyers
If you’ve been dreaming of saying “I do” in a European inspired Chateau that boasts sweeping mountain vistas, rolling hills covered in colorful wildflowers, and towering mountains outlining the sky, then let the romance and alluring style of Vail’s world-renowned alpine heritage inspire you. The charming town is an easy 40-minute drive from Eagle County Regional Airport and a scenic 2-hour drive from Denver International Airport. Its ideal location makes this destination even more enticing for brides-to-be in search of the perfect outdoor celebration.
HERE’S THE SCOOP
Vail, Colorado is best known for its world-class skiing in the colder months, but don’t miss out on the summer or the highly coveted fall months where breathtaking flowers paint the fields and create a magical backdrop for ceremonies and receptions. Vail offers nearly 300 days of sunshine each year making Colorado a popular choice for outdoor nuptials. Though winter weddings are exciting, Vail is much more accessible and more budget-friendly during the summer when flights and hotels can be up to 46% less.
WHERE TO STAY
The Lodge at Vail, a RockResort is a historic property that continues to be a popular spot among locals and visitors alike. Located just steps away from Gondola One and in the heart of the town’s dining and shopping scene, the hotel is classic Vail with an unmistakable tradition of luxury. The Arrabella at Vail Square, a RockResort provides an old-world village charm of Europe’s grand resorts with extraordinary amenities including the 10,000-square-foot lavish RockResort Spa, a grand lobby with a full bar, après ski deck, rooftop hot tubs and lap pool. For an exclusive lodging experience, the Game Creek Chalet is a 4-bedroom, 5-bath secluded cabin with its own personal concierge service, personal chef, private hot tub and much more.
BIG DAY DETAILS
Destination weddings can be a bit tricky. It’s best to arm yourself with professionals that can handle all the details from start to finish and are in-the-know of the best vendors. Iconic Weddings specializes in mountain destinations and is recommended as your go-to for theme design, creative execution, and weekend event and activities management. Providing the most enticing activities will have all your guests RSVPing YES! From spa day and mimosa brunch, to a mountain bike outing or day hike, to an interactive group cocktail making class, Iconic Weddings will not only help design the main event, but will assist you with all the additional details that help create a most memorable weekend.
MAKE NOTE: the following venues are available between mid-June and through September. Access to most on-mountain venues is available via Gondola.
- Holy Cross Event Deck offers 360-degree views of the majestic Rocky Mountains with rolling hills of breathtaking wildflowers, providing a simple yet dramatic backdrop.
- Arrabelle Square tucked away in the upscale Lionshead Village, resonates a European Village in the Alps.
- The 10th is an on-mountain, five-star restaurant offering an outdoor ceremony deck, capturing the magnificent mountain views overlooking Vail Valley.
- Game Creek Restaurant this exclusive and elegant dining experience is located high up on the mountain of Game Creek Bowl and offers a Forbes four-star menu with entrancing views that stretch from mountain to mountain.
- The Lodge of Vail and International Ballroom boutique in size but can transform even the most creative concepts.
OUT AND ABOUT
Outdoor activities multiply in the summer and fall months inviting guests to savor the mountain experience beyond the snow-related activities.
- Experience the Zen and the thrill through mountain top yoga and rock climbing.
- Try a thrilling ride on the Mountain Coaster.
- Vail provides various levels of trails for avid mountain bikers.
- Fly-fishing and golfing are plentiful.
- Custom activities can be equally plentiful.
- A cocktail making class is always a hit for a wedding party group activity.
- A bonfire beer tasting with s’mores post welcome dinner will keep the party going.
- A custom Jeep tour offers wondrous views among the mountain tops for those yearning a trip to the peaks without the physical activity.
Does your group vary greatly in activity levels? An Epic pass may be just the answer in providing flexibility allowing your guests to pick and choose what interests them.