Three Venues = Three Portfolios with Elevated Design Spaces – Savannah
Styled by Southern Bride in
Monday, March 27, 2023
This will be The Styled Challenge Photoshoot
The Styled Challenge is a competition between design teams for the BEST in most creative design.
Savannah beckons thousands of couples for destination weddings each year. There are many historic homes, gardens, and museums; your couples can step back in time while taking a big step forward together in this iconic city.
The Styled team traveled to Savannah to tour many beautiful wedding venues. Our goal was to curate a high-end yet diverse selection of venues that would build your portfolios in a way that provides many different looks from Savannah. We hand-picked these locations knowing you would get some of the most diverse and stunning images possible.
You will choose between 2 different shooting times (A.M. or P.M. slots) while in Savannah, ending with a networking and design awards ceremony.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Take home three different Savannah wedding stylized portfolios.
- Three popular VENUES, each with a stylized theme.
- Each venue will have three complementary design areas to shoot, designed by some of the area’s sought-after wedding designers and their teams – they will be competing for the BEST design in The Styled Challenge – you will see these talented teams get uber-creative with elevated designs.
- You will have three hours of shooting.
- Models will be provided at each venue.
- There will be six photographers in each group, pairing off in two’s at each venue.
- Transportation will be provided between each venue.
- AM – will be from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm, price $750. (times may slightly vary)
- PM – will be from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm, price $750. (times may slightly vary)
- OPTIONAL ADD-ON: Compete for BEST photographer and a styled spread FEATURE in Southern Bride Magazine, price $200.
A little bit about the three locations you will be shooting:
Built-in 1919 by George Ferguson Armstrong and designed by world-renowned Beaux-Arts architect Henrik Wallin, the original Armstrong Mansion is the only Italian Renaissance Revival home in Savannah listed in the authoritative A Field Guide to American Houses. A registered National Landmark, the mansion has served many purposes. From a private residence to the Armstrong Memorial Junior College and most recently home to a law firm, it is now coming full circle as a residence for prominent art patron, entrepreneur, and luxury hotelier Richard C. Kessler. The house is available for a limited number of exclusive, private events.
Built-in 1842 in the classical Greek Revival style, the House boasts a beautiful collection of antiques and a generously sized garden. The House is the perfect find for couples looking for that historical romance for a backdrop. The venue is one of Savannah’s most popular locations for a ceremony, reception, or bridal photo shoot.
JW MARRIOTT – Plant Riverside District
A historic power plant reimagined hotel with three unique buildings providing three different guest experiences – one of Savannah’s most unique hotels sprinkled with an assorted of sophisticated Venues. Located in the heart of Savannah, couples discover the perfect venue to say “I Do.”