A Graceful, Southern Setting to Say I Do
By Lindsay Wolfe
Less than an hour from Birmingham, Pursell Farms is a 3,200-acre destination resort nestled among meadows and woodlands with picturesque vistas at every turn. An estate-styled Inn offers 40 plush rooms including a Bridal Suite, two restaurants, and a terrace and fire-pit with sweeping pastoral views. Beaming Southern Hospitality, the resort offers unparalleled recreation, extraordinary dining and wonderful options for a wedding, romantic getaway or even a few days of welcome respite after the wedding before traveling to an extended honeymoon.
- Unwind at lunch or dinner with a craft cocktail at Old Tom’s Pub. Shoot pool on a table owned by Sylacauga-native son Jim Nabors, and see nearby photos of some of the Hollywood A-list celebrities who played the table when it graced the entertainer’s Bel-Air home.
- Open for breakfast and dinner, casually-elegant Arrington serves up farm-fresh fare with a twist.
- Seasonal culinary events and unique mixology programs are constantly taking place at Pursell Farms. Check the online calendar or ask at check in about these exclusive affairs.
- No matter the weather, the UTV Mountain Experience needs to be on your checklist. Guests drive a UTV as a guide shares the rich history of the area. The breathtaking views along the trail will not soon be forgotten! Make sure to get your turn on the tire swing: your inner child will thank you.
- If you’re a true sportsman or like to shop like one, visit the Orvis Clubhouse. Here you can book activities like sporting clays at the Orvis Shooting Grounds or find unique gifts and gear.
- The resort’s Spring House Spa offers a variety of spa treatments (by reservations only) to help the bride and groom, as well as guests unwind and rejuvenate.
- For golfers, the Farmlinks course features flawless manicured greens and dramatic elevation changes. E-Z-GO golf cars are replaced annually so guests always drive the latest and greatest from the renowned company.
Purposefully built as a wedding venue with every detail in mind, Hamilton Place at Pursell Farms graces 26 acres of awe-inspiring indoor and outdoor venues for ceremonies and receptions. Easily accommodating 250 guests, Hamilton Place includes a grand ballroom with high ceilings, skylights, oversized bay window and glass-enclosed porch; lakeside ceremonial lawn; and an expansive terrace which may be tented. Dating back to 1852, the restored Historic Hamilton Home is also part of the venue and creates the ideal dressing location for the bridal party to prepare for the wedding. Photo opportunities abound at each location.