A Jane & Tarzan Honeymoon At Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort
By Madeline Scharff & Thomas Mourmouras
At the base of the awe-inspiring Arenal Volcano in the middle of the Costa Rican Rainforest, tucked off a rumbling road, lies Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort. Aromatic flowerbeds, lush palm trees and the purr of mangrove hummingbirds canopy the sprawling property, providing honeymooners instant relaxation and rejuvenation. Tabacon’s blissful bubble is the height of romance; lavish accommodations, candlelit meals, and steamy thermal springs stimulate guests to relish in and savor each other’s presence. Beyond the resort’s gates, experience exhilarating couples’ activities and the disco nightlife of La Fortuna.
We Simply Adore:
- Moon lit, private dining in an open-air rainforest bungalow.
- Shangri-La Gardens. A luxurious, adult only playground with daybeds, private cabanas, a bar, and more thermal springs.
- The suite-life. Choose from six different styles such as the Tabacon, Honeymoon, or Rainforest Suite. Each decorated with a king sized bed, plunging bathtub for two, and terrace or balcony.
Note to Self:
- It’s approx. 3 hours drive from the San Jose Airport to Tabacon. Be prepared to take on Costa Rica’s mountainous terrain—long, winding roads may cause nausea and/or dizziness. Pack Dramamine.
- Dry season is from mid- November to April but you can still expect afternoon rain showers during the remainder of the year. Pack a rain jacket and waterproof phone case; you don’t want to miss out on any photo ops.
Take it from the Groom:
- Strip down to your birthday suits for an outdoor couple’s massage and secluded champagne Jacuzzi bath and let nature take its course.
- Stick to beer and tequila; Imperial and Cacique are the best of Costa Rica’s local spirits. Grab an Imperial for the road — from the café on the curb of arrivals — as soon as you touch down in San Jose.
- The Costa Ricans know how to season meats. Two of the Resort’s restaurants, Los Tucanes and Ave del Paraíso, offer an extensive list of juicy meats like pork tenderloin, Angus beef, lamb shank, rib eye, and the local classic – casado.
Get The Scoop:
Costa Rica’s breathtaking landscapes, adrenaline inducing adventures and exotic foods will induce unparalleled passion – fused with Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort enchanting ambiance and lush amenities for an au natural aphrodisiac sure to bring out the inner Jane and Tarzan in both of you.