Key Largo at Its Fines
Nestled between the beautiful waters of the Atlantic Ocean and the translucent Gulf of Mexico is the illustrious, laid-back Florida Keys. Stretching about 120 miles off the southern tip of Florida, the Keys are a mecca for water sports, fishing and an idyllic destination for a tropical escape. Considered to be the unofficial gateway to the Keys and only about an hour south of the Miami airport is Key Largo. With dramatic views and amazing onsite amenities, the upscale yet relaxed Playa Largo Resort and Spa is the ideal resort to experience all the pleasures that Key Largo has to offer.
Get the Dish
- Waterfront dinning and locally caught fresh seafood is what eating in the Florida Keys are all about. Sol by the Sea sets directly on the bay providing picturesque front row views for lunch or dinner and the freshest Fish Tacos around.
- If you are a breakfast lover skip the buffet and order off the menu at La Marea. Try the Florida Lobster Benedict with a side of breakfast potatoes and you will be fueled up to take on the day.
- Not all Frosé is created equal. The unique blend of citrus vodka, rose, grapefruit liqueur and fresh squeezed juices at the Sand Bar make the Frosé a don’t miss by the pool or at the beach.
Out and About
- Sunsets are superb in the Keys and the best way to truly capture them is by boat. Book an evening cruise through Caribbean Watersports and ask for Captain Lolly, her local knowledge is unsurpassed.
- If you love beer or art then you need to add the Florida Keys Brewing Co. to your itineary. Focused on the cultural influences of the local community, this was the first microbrewery in the Upper Keys. The daily vast selection of brews brings tourist and locals together in harmony!
- Key Largo is home to the first underseas park in the United States, John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. Make sure to experience this unique living coral reef!
Big Day Details
- Playa Largo Resort and Spa boasts indoor and outdoor venue options galore! With over
11,000 sq. ft of space with the picturesque Florida Bay in the background, you can choose from the manicured lawns, gazebo or opt for your toes in the sand. For a rainy day, the Tavernier Ballroom boasts 4700 sq. ft of indoor space in addition to seven breakout rooms for smaller affairs.
- The Beach House, complete with a private pool and wrap around porch, has a private event lawn for intimate ceremonies or makes the perfect venue for a small secluded rehearsal dinner.
- When it comes to food options for your wedding, Playa Largo Resort and Spa takes it to the next level. The creative locally inspired menu options will dazzle even the most scrutinizing pallet.
Here’s the Scoop
The Playa Largo Resort and Spa makes it easy to embrace the relaxed vibe of the Florida Keys. This contemporary resort is carefully situated on 14.5 tropical acres and embraces the natural foliage it surrounds. With spectacular views of the bay, the resort offers a centrally located fresh water pool, ample beach access and countless water sports so that guests can indulge in the water that Key Largo is known for. With 117 spacious rooms, the Playa Largo Resort and Spa offers suites and secluded private bungalows that are ideal for a honeymoon or romantic retreat. Offering a full-service treatment menu, the Ocean Spa is onsite to provide that extra touch of relaxation you may be looking for. From the amazing food to the tropical mixology, Playa Largo Resort and Spa offers the best of Key Largo!
By Lindsay Wolfe