It goes without saying that in the wake of the global COVID-19 pandemic, couples around the world have had to make the unfortunate decision to cancel or postpone their wedding day. As the venue, hotels have witnessed firsthand the heartache engaged couples have had to endure during these challenging times.
As a result, many hotels have created packages and deluxe deals for couples who want to celebrate on a smaller scale. Whether eloping or toasting to a new wedding date, these three luxe properties in particular have gone above and beyond to show that love is not canceled.
Rosewood Miramar Beach
Located in picturesque Montecito along the shores of Miramar Beach, one of the most beautiful and pristine beaches in the country, Rosewood Miramar Beach is an ideal destination for couples, and for a completely private romantic retreat, couples can book the two-story, standalone 60 Miramar house.
- Massimo’s Garden: An all-new, al fresco venue Massimo’s Garden, features one single, secluded table surrounded by freshly planted herbs, vegetables, and greenery – the most romantic setting to spend what would have been their big day while toasting to the future and “new” wedding date.
- Caruso’s: The only elevated beachfront restaurant in Montecito offering both indoor and outdoor seating directly over the sand, Caruso’s combines innovative cuisine with unparalleled views for an exceptionally romantic experience. Helmed by Executive Chef Massimo Falsini, Caruso’s offers coastal California cuisine with a predominant Southern Italian influence, featuring regionally-sourced ingredients from neighboring farmers, fishers, producers, and purveyors. The elevated al fresco meals are perfectly complemented by a serene and secluded setting inspired by the understatedly glamorous restaurants nestled along the Italian coastline, making Caruso’s the ideal romantic destination to watch the sunset over the Pacific with your loved one. Caruso’s Image, courtesy of Rosewood Miramar Beach.
- Suite Sojourn: For couples looking to enjoy their stay in a suite, the Suite Sojourn package provides guests booking accommodations in the higher room categories with a resort credit of up to $1,000, which can be used at multiple facilities on the property including the signature restaurant Caruso’s.
Little Lighthouse Gatherings at Gurney’s Newport
Little celebrations are the new way to go! Celebrate an intimate, romantic wedding with a picturesque ocean backdrop at The Goat Island Lighthouse at Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina with additional experiences ranging from a little clambake on the North Lawn or an intimate dinner in Scarpetta.
- Ceremony or celebration with white garden chairs on the North Lawn for up to 15 guests
- Champagne Toast
- Cabana for the bride and groom at the outdoor, heated saltwater pool
- Enhancements (at an additional cost):
- A private clambake
- An intimate dinner at Scarpetta
- A petite wedding cake
- A stay in the bridal suite at Gurney’s Newport
Escape & Elope Experience From Las Ventanas al Paraíso, A Rosewood Resort
Regarded as a top choice for destination weddings and honeymoons, Las Ventanas al Paraíso, A Rosewood Resort sought to create a bespoke elopement experience given that many individuals have had to cancel milestone events or are looking to re-schedule their plans. To fill this gap, the new Escape & Elope experience is the solution for couples looking for a luxurious and stress-free event.
- Daily breakfast for two
- Luxury accommodations for two
- Private consult with the Department of Romance team
- In-suite romantic amenities
- One bottle of Ruinart Champagne
- Private chef’s dinner for two on the beach with a mini wedding cake
- Wedding Ceremony at the Plaza
- Florals and décor
- Floral arrangement for the bride
- Symbolic Minister
- Guitarist or Violinist during the ceremony
- A La Carte Options (at an additional cost):
- Hair and Makeup Services
- Up to 6 Suites at a discounted rate