- This event has passed.
We invite you to apply for The Styled Challenge on Tuesday, August 22, 2023, in Charleston, SC. (set up will be the morning of August 22, 2023)
This event is designed to showcase your creative talents as a team by styling a design space based on an assigned venue and parameters provided to you and your team. Every competing design team will be assigned a color palette and venue location. Your challenge is to bring a fictional high-end couple’s wedding story to life through elevated and elegant out-of-the-box creative designs.
On the evening of the shoot, there will be an awards ceremony and networking gathering where Southern Bride will name the winning design team. Everyone will be guaranteed digital publication and receive all images from the photographers to use for marketing purposes as long as proper photo credit is included on all postings and ads. The winning team will receive The Styled Challenge Winner badge. Each participating team will also receive The Styled Challenge Ambassador badge.
The Styled Challenge Agreement
Please read the following rules and guidelines for The Styled Design Challenge.
- There is NO CHARGE for participating in The Styled Challenge, however you and your team are responsible for all of your design expenses.
- Before submitting your agreement, ensure that your team is chosen and committed.
- You and your team MUST be within a drivable market of the event location.
- DESIGNER (Team Leader) ONLY applications must accompany a 2-4 minute video providing information about you/your company, why you became a wedding planner/designer, tell us about your most unique request by a couple, and why you are excited about participating in The Styled Challenge.
- You will be required to design three different spaces within the designated venue:
1 primary space, 2 support spaces (in different ‘well-lit’ areas of the venue), and 1 flat lay (e.g. invitations, jewelry, shoes, veil, flowers, etc.) that ties your theme together. Your final design storyboard idea MUST be sent to email@example.com by (end of day) Monday, June 26, 2023.
- Your team will be responsible for setting up and cleaning your design spaces.
- Please ensure that each of your team members fills out the form (share this link) so that EVERYONE gets credit for their work when it comes time to post on social media and digital publications. We will compile and share a list of tags for the entire team. We want this to be a WIN WIN WIN for everyone!