Lovers Say I Do at this Luxurious, Urban Retreat
By Madeline Scharff
1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge sets along the majestic East River Waterfront at Pier 1 on Brooklyn Bridge Park. The modern, ten-story building is an architectural delight of opaque glass, steel and reclaimed wood, surrounded by lush and vibrant greenery. The stunning exterior offers guests a “welcome to our luxurious, jungle getaway” vibe while the interior showcases an equally playful spirit with a mixture of textures that engages the senses, from the living wall in the lobby, to the concrete floor, leather couches, faux-fur throws, woven accent pieces and a signature scent that lingers in the air. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge has curated an exciting playground with its romantic, waterfront location, pleasing onsite offerings and nature-inspired venues for a one-of-a-kind destination wedding.
HERE’S THE SCOOP
While the waterfront location and incredible venue spaces are reason enough to say “I do” at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, the event team goes above and beyond to ensure the wedding weekend (or week!) comes together effortlessly. Let the seasoned experts plan the nuptial details while you and your honey relax poolside with bubbly in hand or stroll Brooklyn’s intriguing neighborhoods and boutique shops. Turn it up a notch with their “elevated extras” that offer – creative experiences put together for unforgettable memories – such as treating your bridesmaids to a private yoga session, a farewell brunch for your guests or an intimate blessing ceremony with just you and your partner. With an array of onsite amenities such as the Bamford Haybarn Spa, rooftop garden and plunge pool, social club and more, there’s ample opportunity for the bride and groom to slip away and enjoy each other one on one.
DO & TASTE
1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge invites the soon to be Mr. and Mrs. to find adventure, connectivity, and pleasure throughout the duration of their stay thanks to the array of incredible, onsite offerings. Slip away from your guests or have them join in on the fun!
- Plunge pool – Soak in the sun at 1 Rooftop. Make sure to lounge long enough to watch the sun set over the Manhattan skyline.
- Bamford Haybarn Spa – Unwind together in the spa’s private room with bubbly and a sweet treat post couple’s massage.
- Field House Fitness Center – Recharge and sweat out any pre-wedding jitters with your hubby at this 24/7 state- of-the- art facility.
- The Osprey – Discover new tastes with savory, market-driven dishes such as fresh Branzini and beet hummus or relish in comfort dishes like poached farm eggs.
There’s no better place to tie the knot and celebrate new beginnings than at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge’s unique property and nature-inspired venues. Whether indoor or outdoor, you’ll find nature incorporated into each setting. A couple of our favorite settings include:
- Blue Wood Astor – A versatile 2,600 sq. ft. space with floor-to-ceiling windows and a dazzling backdrop of the East River Waterfront and sparkling Manhattan skyline. Accommodates up to 120 guests.
- Meadow Rue Ballroom – Divide this 6,025 sq. ft. space into two for a separate ceremony and reception or keep it as one sprawling affair for up to 300 guests. It’s adorned with lights, a dance floor and the adjacent social space opens onto an outdoor, private patio.
- The 1 Rooftop – An expansive, open aired rooftop that feels like a private garden, perched among the Brooklyn Bridge light. With water views and alluring sunsets, let the elements provide a glamorous backdrop for a festive cocktail reception.
WE SIMPLY ADORE
- Eco-friendly and sustainably designed (with repurposed material by local artists) structures and spaces.
- Most rooms and suites offer floor-to-ceilings windows with expansive views of the East River and Brooklyn Bridge.
- Custom 1 Hotel bath and body products made with organic ingredients with a crisp, fresh scent of nature.
- Personable, accommodating, and welcoming guest services.