Savoring Luxury in Hawaii
By Scott and Margo Heine
The Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is located along the leeward shore of Maui, just a 50-minute drive from the Kahului Airport, beyond the bustling town of Lahaina and its abundant artisan shops. Guestrooms offer private lanais and panoramic views, and several award-winning restaurants feature fresh seafood, Asian-inspired flavors, and modern Hawaiian cuisine. A fitness center with daily classes, a full-service business center, and a variety of boutiques are ready to meet every guest’s needs.
We Simply Adore
- The spirit of Ohana – From the first “Aloha!” upon arrival, guests are made to feel like family.
- The pools – Free-form pools meander through tropical gardens and beneath waterfalls. Be sure to check out the swim-up grotto bar! And yes, there’s a Keiki Lagoon just for kids, as well as quiet “adults only” infinity pool.
- The birds – The hotel atrium is home to charming penguins and parrots, while flamingos, swans, and more wander about the lush Asian garden.
- The spa – Signature body treatments and salon pampering are available overlooking the ocean. The fun “glamour room” is a perfect spot for a bridal party to prepare.
- The Drums of the Pacific Lu’au – Hosting an authentic imu ceremony revealing the Kalua Pua’a (roast pork), an all-you-can-eat buffet, an open bar, and an amazing show of Polynesian dance and music.
Big Day Details
- A variety of wedding packages are available, from intimate events for two to grand ceremonies with up to 100 guests; they can build custom packages for larger gatherings.
- There’s a choice of venues throughout the resort, from a cozy brookside gazebo to peaceful oriental gardens, to lawns overlooking the ocean.
- Event planners treat everyone as family, arranging for officiants, bouquets, musicians, cakes, etc.
- Newly remodeled ballrooms are reserved in the event of inclement weather, still offering ocean views and décor that reflects Maui’s dramatic sunsets.
Here’s the Scoop
Our visit was an adventure in paradise, and the staff extended the warmest hospitality. Though there are abundant family-oriented amenities, including surfing lessons and the best shave ice on the islands, it’s the sense of romance that sets this resort apart. During dinner at Japengo (voted best sushi and best Asian cuisine in Maui), honeymooners were holding hands bathed in torchlight while enjoying the great food and the moonlight over the waves. It’s a place to build memories for a lifetime.
Visit maui.regency.hyatt.com for more information.