February 19, 2024 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CST
The Styled Challenge Omni Barton Creek, Austin, TX
APPLICATION DEADLINE: TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2023
Tucked into the Austin, Texas Hill Country, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is the ultimate wedding retreat. Ranked among the best resorts in Texas – Top 5 Resorts in the Southwest Conde Nast Traveler and Top 5 Resorts in Texas Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards 2022.
The Styled SHOOTS team traveled to Austin to tour the beautiful Omni Barton Creek. Our goal is to curate a high-end yet diverse selection of design spaces that will build your portfolio in a way that provides many different looks from Austin.
We invite you to apply for The Styled Challenge, which will take place on Monday, February 19, 2024, in Austin, TX. (Set up will be on the morning of February 19, 2024)
This event is designed to showcase your creative talents as a team by styling 3 design spaces plus a flat-lay based on the assigned venue and parameters provided to you and your team by Southern Bride. Every competing design team will be randomly assigned a venue location. Your challenge is bringing a fictional high-end couple’s wedding story to life through elevated, elegant, out-of-the-box creative designs. Photographers participating in Styled SHOOTS by Southern Bride will photograph these design spaces. Each design team will be guaranteed digital publication on SouthernBride.com and social media posts on Southern Bride, Styled SHOOTS by Southern Bride, and The Styled Challenge by Southern Bride platforms.
On the evening of the shoot, there will be a “Wrap Party” and Awards Ceremony where Southern Bride will name the winning design team. Everyone will be guaranteed digital publication and receive all images from the photographers to use for marketing purposes as long as proper photo credit is included on all postings and ads. The winning team members will receive The Styled Challenge Winner badge, and each participating team will also receive The Styled Challenge Ambassador badge.
The Styled Challenge Agreement
Please read the following rules and guidelines for The Styled Challenge.
- There is NO CHARGE for participating in The Styled Challenge; however, you and your team are responsible for all your design expenses.
- Before submitting your agreement, ensure that your team is chosen and committed.
- You and your team MUST be within a drivable market of the event location.
- You will be required to design three different spaces within the designated venue:
1 primary anchor space (ex: ceremony/reception), 2 support spaces (ex: bar set-up, (think – groom’s ‘getting ready room, champagne/drink tower, unique seating chart, etc)) in different ‘well-lit’ areas of the venue, and 1 flat lay (ex: bridal/groom’s flat lay, invitations, jewelry, shoes, veil, flowers, etc.) that ties your theme together.
- Your team will be responsible for the set-up and breakdown of your design spaces.
- Please ensure that each of your team members fills out the form (share this link) so that EVERYONE gets credit for their work when it comes time to post on social media and digital publications. We will compile and share a list of tags for the entire team and all photographers. We want this to be a WIN WIN WIN for everyone!
Upon invitation to participate as a chosen Wedding Designer, the following must be submitted within 2 weeks to email@example.com by the Team Leader:
- A design storyboard theme
- A 2 – 4 minute video providing information about you/your company, why you became a wedding planner/designer, tell us about your most unique request by a couple, and why you are excited about participating in The Styled Challenge by Southern Bride.
- A brief description of your design in your words, 50-100 words
- A Headshot
What Will the Judges be Looking For?
- MINDSET! This should NOT be your typical styled shoot. Push your creative self. Get your team excited and involved. This should be out-of-the-box – create something you have always wanted to do; this is your time to shine!
- WOW – When someone walks into the room/space, the first thought that should come to mind is “WOW!”
- Ensure that you have at least three tables set up for the best depth of field for photographs on tablescapes.
- Details are essential, and brides love them, so get creative.
- Also, consider additional details like specialty runners or aisle enhancements for the ceremony to lend a visual/theatrical boost.
- Use your venues – get them involved! Many have items you can use out of ease and budget.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2023
Overall Best Design Award
This design team will be recognized and awarded for their exceptional work. Their “over-the-top” designs will elicit a sense of amazement, showcasing their attention to detail and dedication to crafting a perfect balance throughout.
Southern Socialite Award
This exciting award will be decided through a Facebook Live event, where viewers can vote for their favorite design on Facebook and Instagram. The design with the most votes will win…
This award demonstrates innovation, trends, and unconventional ideas and details.
Lasting Impression Award
This award acknowledges details that make an exceptional guest experience that is most memorable.
INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTION AWARDS
Mr/Miss Lovin’ Spoonful Award
The winner of this award is celebrated for their exceptional sugar artistry, renowned for creating elaborate and confectionary art.
Bespoken Billet-Doux Award
This award signifies a one-of-a-kind, artistic, and sophisticated custom stationery suite.
Flatlay Luxe Award
This winner perfectly embodies the overall theme by skillfully bringing together all the details in a beautiful display.
Blooms Master Award
This winning florist has shown skillful artistry and an unwavering passion for blooms.
Strut Your Stuff Award
An Award for the Most Dynamic Model – Photographers’ favorite nominee, this award celebrates the model who isn’t afraid to showcase their flair through movement and interaction.
YOU WILL RECEIVE ADDED PROMOTIONAL VALUE
- PRE-Event – advertising promoting the event/designers/venues/mood boards on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Digital ads in addition to all of Southern Bride’s digital media outlets
- During the event – Facebook LIVE event interviews with designers and showcasing the design spaces for viewership voting
- During the Event – Social media postings from vendors, photographers, and Southern Bride
- Post Event – Video Series on The Styled Challenge will include designer interviews and scenes from the styled set-ups, ending with an awards ceremony. Southern Bride YouTube Channel.
- Post Event – Social media postings from vendors, photographers, and all of Southern Bride’s social outlets, including a special category on Pinterest.
- Post Event – Digital coverage on each styled design on SouthernBride.com
- Post Event – Images will be used repeatedly in various content on SouthernBride.com and Southern Bride’s social outlets for several months.