Destination Wedding Planning as Easy as 1718 at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans
By Lindsay Wolfe
Famous for celebrations and a history signified by specialty cocktails, New Orleans is the perfect place for a charismatic destination wedding. With over 200,000 square-feet of transformable event space, the Hyatt Regency New Orleans is an award-winning hotel that is conveniently located to most of the crescent city’s top attractions. With an on-site full-service event planning company, 1718 Events, the Hyatt Regency New Orleans can accommodate lavish weddings or a simplistic intimate ceremony and everything in between.
We Simply Adore
- With an amazing view of the Mercedes Superdome, the well-equipped gym is open 24 hours, so you can work off the rich food of New Orleans, day or night!
- You don’t have to book a suite for a good night sleep; the Hyatt Grand Bed comes standard in the over 1100 guest rooms.
Get the Dish
- For breakfast or lunch, don’t miss 8 Block. This comprehensive farm to table concept redefines the expectations of a buffet and offers everything from health-conscious options to indulgences like a king cake bar.
- Vitascope Hall is a causal gathering place with a modern take on traditional cocktails; unique bar food and even has a sushi menu. Don’t miss the “chippery” style homemade potato chips and make sure to try all three of the daily offered flavors!
- For locally inspired dishes handcrafted with the goodness of Louisiana seafood, dine at Borgne in the hotel lobby. For special events, Borgne offers private dining and off-site catering options.
Out and About
- Enjoy the city by taking a scenic ride on a historic streetcar. Starting downtown and going to different parts of the city, the four lines of the streetcar are easy to navigate and very inexpensive.
- To experience music like a local, the bars and restaurants of Frenchman street will deliver a musical experience unlike anywhere else.
- Through exhibits, artifacts and audiovisual presentations, the National WWII Museum is worth the trip.
Planning a destination wedding can be difficult but the Hyatt Regency New Orleans on-site event planning company, 1718 Events, can assist with every detail. Regardless if you are planning a grand affair in the 25,000 square-foot Empire Ballroom with an outdoor balcony or taking advantage of one of the more than 70 banquet rooms for a smaller reception, 1718 Events will help you select the perfect venue on or off the hotel property. The catering menus created by the talented culinary staff at the Hyatt Regency embrace some of New Orleans specialties along with traditional favorites. If you have a special request or dietary concern, 1718 Events will work along with the chef to curate a custom menu.
Thinking about doing a Second Line? 1718 Events will secure the proper permitting you need and even plan the best route. Don’t let the logistics of planning a destination wedding keep you from saying ‘I Do’ in New Orleans, trust the Hyatt Regency New Orleans and 1718 Events and let the good times roll!